Sunday 19 February 2012

Where there's a whale there's a way..........


I have to admit that i'm struggling with one of my tasks - reading Moby Dick.  It's just a bit dull in places which is a bit of a shame because the story itself is great.  Anyway, my lovely friend Alex saw one of my previous posts where I said i'd fallen asleep reading Moby Dick and sent me the following e-mail:


"Howdy Jess.  How are you?  I'm writing because I was concerned that you're falling behind with your reading the classics because there are just too many words in Moby Dick. So, I was thinking to send you a film that the BBC programme I work on made a couple of years ago called 'The Hunt for Moby Dick' - it's pretty good. But then coincidentally the presenter of this film (who is a whale / Moby Dick expert) got in touch today so I told him you were falling asleep while reading Moby Dick...and he suggested you try reading the illustrated version from University of Cailfornia. He says it's very good. Phew, what a story! http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520045484 Xxxx"

How amazing is that!  I cant find the programme on the net but i will get hold of a copy and i'll post the link for all to watch!




No comments:

Post a Comment